Residents in the VCU Internal Medicine Training Program are members of and contributors to an academic medical community in which there is a commitment to learning the art and science of medicine while providing the highest quality medical care to a diverse patient population.
- To produce compassionate physicians capable of delivering the highest quality medical care to patients in a variety of settings.
- To create a collegial and supportive setting for intellectual growth.
- To partner with our housestaff in contributing to the science of medicine through mentorship, research opportunities and dissemination of information.
- To contribute to the science and art of medical education through innovation in training methods.
- To partner with our housestaff in gracefully accepting the challenges of providing care to the medically underserved.
- To promote lifelong learning in the context of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Our housestaff and faculty are guided in our work by our commitment to:
- Clinical excellence
- Intellectual curiosity