About the Hematology-Oncology Fellowship Program
Welcome to the Hematology-Oncology Fellowship training program website. We are incredibly proud of our fellows, our program, our institution, and our city. The VCU medical campus boasts state-of-the-art clinical, research, educational, and simulation facilities. But, what makes the VCU experience so rich and the learning climate optimal is the supportive, experienced faculty and the collegiality of the fellows. We invite you to explore our website and learn more about what VCU has to offer you educationally. Throughout the site you will find perspectives from our fellows to give you insight into the VCU Hemotology-Oncology Fellowship Training Program.
Fellows in the VCU Hematology-Oncology Training Program are members of and contributors to an academic medical community in which there is a commitment to learning the art and science of medicine while providing the highest quality medical care to a diverse patient population.
- To produce compassionate physicians capable of delivering the highest quality medical care to patients in a variety of settings.
- To create a collegial and supportive setting for intellectual growth.
- To partner with our fellows in contributing to the science of medicine through mentorship, research opportunities and dissemination of information.
- To contribute to the science and art of educating medical professionals through innovation in training methods.
- To partner with our fellows in gracefully accepting the challenges of providing care to the medically underserved.
- To promote lifelong learning in the context of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Our fellows and faculty are guided in our work by our commitment to:
- Clinical excellence
- Intellectual curiosity
- Scientific Discovery