Pete Meliagros, MD
Associate Program Director - Procedure Training
Division of Hospital Medicine
Department: Internal Medicine
Pete Meliagros graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University’s Internal Medicine residency training program in 2015 and completed a year as chief medical resident in 2016. Subsequently, he joined the faculty in the VCU Department of Internal Medicine as an academic hospitalist. He enjoys working with residents on inpatient medicine teams and the procedure service. He role models a humanistic and collobarative approach to medicine at the bedside and has been recognized for this by being awarded the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award. As an associate program director for procedure medicine, he is excited to further develop longitudinal procedure training for residents.
Outside of work, Dr. Meliagros enjoys most outdoor activities including hiking and kayaking. He also enjoys carpentry, painting, playing basketball, cooking, and eating.
- B.S, B.A. - University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA (2006)
- M.S. - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA (2008)
- M.D. - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA (2015)
- Internship and Residency - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA (2012-2015)
- Chief Medical Resident - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA (2015-2016)
Residency Training Experience
- Associate Program Director: Virginia Commonwealth University