Frank Fulco, MD, RPh
Associate Program Director - VAMC Oversight
Division of General Internal Medicine
Department: Internal Medicine
Dr. Fulco graduated from the training program at VCU and joined the faculty as a McGuire VA Medical Center-based hospitalist. In this position he interacts with the housestaff daily as a ward attending. He also is actively involved in performance and quality improvement projects and research at the medical center.
Dr. Fulco is the Associate Program Director responsible for the oversight of the training program activities at the VA Medical Center. He sees himself as a determined resident advocate and a role model for high teaching standards. He is well-known for his supportive and comfortable teaching style and has been recently recognized for these teaching skills by being awarded the VCU School of Medicine Irby-James Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching.
Away from the medical center, Dr. Fulco can be found playing soccer and keeping pace with his twins.
- R.Ph., West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, 1993
- M.D., West Virginia University, 1997
- Internship and Residency: medicine/pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1997-2001
- Chief Medical Resident: medicine/pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2000-01
Residency Training Experience
- Associate Program Director: Virginia Commonwealth University, 2003-present