Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems can only support J-1 visas.
How to Apply:
The Infectious Disesase fellowship training program at VCU is a participant in the NRMP match. All applications will be accepted through ERAS and follow ERAS deadlines.
- Curriculum Vitae
- USMLE score reports
- Medical School Transcripts
- A personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation, including one from your program director
If applicable, please provide the following:
- ECFMG certificate
- Medical School Diploma (with translation if necessary)
We will review applications from July 15 through October 15. Invitations to interview will likely be issued during this time frame.
Interviews are typically conducted on Mondays so that applicants can attend ID Grand Rounds. Applicants can expect to arrive shortly before 9 a.m. for a full day.
The interview day consists of the following:
- Introduction to the program and division by the Program Director
- Interviews with VCUHS and VA-based faculty
- Tour of the VCUHS facilities
- Lunch with current fellows
- Attendance at ID Grand Rounds
Interview days typically end between 3 and 4p.m. A sample itinerary is provided to give you a general sense of how we structure the day. See sample intinerary here.